Monday, March 20, 2006

First Day of Spring

Today is the first day of spring! Hooray! Of course, to celebrate it was bitter cold and very windy. Today is also the spring solstice which I believe is the longest day of the year. I usually "celebrate " by making a change in my home. (odd, i know!) Today I went with my Mom and bought new curtains for the bow window in my kitchen. It looks so pretty! (Doesn't take much to make me happy.) LOL

I also started my first day of dieting. I haven't had one sip of diet soda and believe me I felt it. I looked like some kind of crack addict walking by the soda case at lunchtime. My friends asked "Mish, are you ok?!" I just kind of nodded as I couldn't speak because I swear my mouth turned to cotton and I had this crazy heartbeat that spoke to me. It pounded in my ears.. "Diet Pepsi...Diet Pepsi." Now, it could of been condensation, but as I walked away from the case, I could have sworn one of the bottles shed a very small tear.... I am a soda addict in the worse way (as if you couldn't tell!) LOL

Other than that, it was pretty uneventful. I had a good breakfast a salad for lunch and then a normal dinner. I'm not starving myself. What I am doing is checking blood sugar levels after each meal. If they come up too high, then I analyze what I ate and adjust accordingly. For instance, this morning I had half of a buttered roll. My blood sugar was a whopping 207! Tomorrow, I will try whole wheat toast and see what kind of difference it makes.

This eating plan really sucks ass. And on top of this I'm supposed to quit smoking too?! Why don't I just shove a broomstick up my ass and sweep the floor while I'm walking as well! I'm being dramatic I know. Hopefully tomorrow will be a tad easier and then the day after that...and the day after that. I have to keep reminding myself that the end justifies the means.

I am the little engine that could:

"I think I can, I think I can."

6 Comments:

Blogger soralis said...

Wow giving up Soda and Smokes. That will be a tough one but you sound very motivated and I believe that's the ticket!

I know you can, I know you can :)

Good luck and just take it one day and one craving at a time. I am cheering for you!

11:07 AM  
Blogger beagle said...

Good for you! That is a big goal, especially when you add the smoking factor.

I've stuck with my fitness thing like it's a new religion, but I am sorry to say that I am not making much headway in the super healthy eating department.

Hang in there!!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Barely Sane said...

Hey there.... was just reading your blog and wanted to say Congrats on the new diet! Personally, I'm a salty carb addict so I know just how hard it was for you to pass by that diet Pepsi. Good on ya!

You have the right attitude... one day at a time. Good luck!!!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Love the imagery of broomstick-in-ass sweeping the floors! Good luck with the diet!

3:21 PM  
Blogger x said...

YES YOU CAN! The first three weeks is the worst, after that it gets better (you don't notice it, but it does). Honestly, after a really long time niether will even taste good anymore (I know, I 'm talking crazy talk).
Broom stick in your ass - lol!

11:17 AM  
Blogger J said...

Hey - I stumbled over from "A little Pregnant" and...really dig your blog.

I'm currently dealing with not smoking, and not eating things I like, in order to a)be healtheier and b)get pregnant.

I've lost a bunch of weight since starting, and am starting to feel a lot better about myself, and my body.

Good luck!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home