Monday, March 27, 2006

Ten Facts About Me

Thanks for the comments all. It was so hard to deal that day.

In other news, I think my lower half is trying to do something on it's own without meds. (I never get AF without meds.) I've been feeling crampy for a few days and my breasts feel kinda heavy. I'm just dealing though. Not getting excited about the thought of MAYBE becoming "normal", whatever that may be.

I've been keeping to myself at work lately since the "incident." Hoping that all the hoopla will just die down and go away. I truly am happy for the chick, I just want her to be happy at least 100 yards away from me. LOL

So...I did something drastic yesterday. I went for my usual 8 week trim and...I chopped all my hair off!! I usually have long hair that goes way past my bra strap...Now, I cut off at least 4 inches and my hair barely touches my shoulders. I feel so empowered! It was amazing walking out of the salon with less hair. Then I got home and was shell-shocked and started worrying about hubby's reaction. (He LOVES long hair.) Then I thought, eh, fuck him if he cant take a joke and now I can't tear myself away from the mirror. LOL I will post some pics of the before and after as soon as I get up enough gumption to do so.

Maybe it feels nice to just be in control of something. (I've told you before, simple things make me happy) In honor of my recent "empoweredness" (I know that isn't a word!) I've decided to take
Ornery's lead and publish some little-known facts about myself.

1. I am Indian, like from India (no, I do not have a "dot" LMAO)- Born in
Trinidad which is in the West Indies, But have lived in New York since I was one.

2. I'm 34 years old and have been married since I was 19. This year will be 15 years so I'm feeling the pressure big time of ttc.

3. I spend a lot of time online. So much so that I'm made fun of by others.

4. I only recently became close with my Mom. She was kinda hard to deal with growing up and in my 20's, and I only started to look past her and my Dad's flaws after my dad had a heart attack and I realized. "Shit, when they're gone, they're gone." Luckily, Dad is ok now.

5. I am a creature of habit. I love to drink and smoke and eat. I'm a time bomb waiting to go off. (A quote from internal med doc.) LOL

6. My hubby is not Indian. He is half Spanish and Half Jewish (what a combo) but he looks Irish!

7. I dig the eighties so much that my ipod is filled with obscure songs from Toto, Cindy lauper and Lionel Richie.

8. I once was prescribed an anti-anxiety med that almost made me take my own life. (Apparently, I was not chemically imbalanced and the medicine had an adverse effect.)

9. I'm slightly OCD with numbers. I count everything. Not to the point of being "rainman" but it can become annoying at times.

10. Deep down, I'm scared that I don't have what it takes to stick to this diet and take the meds and exercise and do what it takes to have a baby. I don't want to look back on this time in my life and say "gee, if I had just done..."

So, that is me and my ten facts. Hope you found them interesting!

Have a great week. :)

Mish

4 Comments:

Blogger soralis said...

Rock on 80's music!!!

Sounds like fun (hair cut!). I had really long hair and cut about 8inches off, the gals in the salon were all flabergasted that I said just cut it off I can always grow it back! It does feel great doesn't it.

Good luck with #10. I am sure you will do just fine!

11:00 AM  
Blogger x said...

I love your ten facts. One of my favorite movie's is the wedding singer, I bet you have that one.

Don't feel alone on #10, we are all scared and have doubts for one reason or another.

I love feeling all sassy with short hair. Just the feeling of your head being lighter feels good. You must post a pic.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Maya said...

I love the 80's too. Congrats on your hair. I bet it feels wonderful. A huge weight lifted. Thanks for the idea about the green tea to clear out the antibiotics. I am feeling better already. Hopefully it will continue. Thanks for sharing about yourself. It helps me appreciate you more.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Love the facts! Thanks so much for sharing them with us. I hope your post and my post will inspire others to share some little-known facts about themselves. I always love learning more about people, especially when they're as amazing as the ones in our blogworld!

Also, it's completely understandable to be scared about sticking to your diet and exercise plan. It's a big lifestyle change, and you may have times when you don't stick with it for a while, but I hope you aren't too hard on yourself when that happens. The very fact that you've made the decision to change your lifestyle is a huge step, and speaks volumes about the kind of determined, strong woman you are.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home