Monday, February 20, 2006

Presidents day

Wow, I am such a bum!! LOL I did nothing today except write a few letters that needed to be written and clean a little. Oh, I also cooked dinner! Whoo hoo, go me.

I'm enjoying the last few days of my month off from TTC. It has been such a pleasure not to have mood swings or just feel rotten for no reason. It has however, given me new strength to face yet another month. I know it could be worse, I could have no chance whatsoever. *sigh* Somehow, it only takes me so far.

Anyhoo, after my mini nervous breakdown yesterday regarding my friends, I started looking throigh some other blogs. I found out that I am NOT alone!! Other women in my situation are going through the same thing with their friends. For a while I was starting to believe the hype, you know? I was starting to think that maybe it really was me that was the terrible friend. I found this great blog by a woman who wrote this post about how to be friends to an infertile. I read it crying it was THAT good. Here is the link:

http://tertia.typepad.com/so_close/2004/05/how_to_be_good_.html

I actually emailed this to 2 of my closest friends. We will see what becomes of it. If nothing else, I know that I took a positive step in trying to salvage our friendships.

So, back to work tomorrow. I can't believe my three day weekend went so fast! Now no more days until (gasp) Memorial Day! Eeeeeeek!! How will I manage? I bet there will be some HCG and Follistim needles out there to keep my mind off of it. LOL

Tomorrow,
Mish

2 Comments:

Blogger x said...

I sent the same link to one of my friends. She has aksed me how to be more supportive so I thought Tertia put it best.
It's so hard - we are dealing with IF and constantly feeling guilty for not being there for everybody else.

10:08 AM  
Blogger beagle said...

Hello, I found you via Jenny.

The friend thing is very hard. I also posted a little video clip thing on my blog a couple of days ago called "empty arms" and I am debating whether to send it to some friends who I wish would get it.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home